This service will provide women with support around domestic abuse such as:
– Specialist trained Muslim female Drop-In support worker (in-person & online)
– Emotional support
– Housing Support
– Free and confidential helpline and webchat facility
Timing: Appointments will be available on Mondays on a pre-booked basis.
How to book: To book your appointment with our support worker please call 0121 713 0080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GREEN LANE MASJID: TACKLING IMPORTANT AND PREVALENT ISSUES WITHIN OUR COMMUNITIES TO HELP US BUILD A STRONGER UMMAH STEP BY STEP.
At Green Lane Masjid Community Centre (GLMCC) we are committed to supporting victims of domestic abuse through our services.
The domestic abuse service at GLMCC provides the following support:
– 1-1 emotional and practical support from an experienced Muslim female support worker
– Ongoing training for staff and volunteers
– Community awareness workshops
– Referrals to specialist domestic abuse services
– Islamic advice and guidance from Imam
– Financial support through Zakat
We believe masjids should be doing more to support vulnerable women and that is why we are committed to providing this service.
Our staff who work with vulnerable women will also be receiving ongoing specialist training from our experienced domestic abuse support worker.
We are committed to ensuring we safeguard victims of domestic abuse and support families affected by this.
What is Domestic Abuse?
We have compiled some Frequently Asked Questions to provide you with some information about domestic abuse. This is not an exhaustive list, but it gives you an insight into the matter.