NEW: GLMCC Update on CoronavirusZubair Akram
UPDATE: 16 March 2020
Suspension of Services and Activities at GLM
With the spreading of the Coronavirus, GLMCC have taken the decision to do the following:
- All Education classes, Madrasah and Lectures will no longer be held on site and will be taking place online.
- All Welfare Services are either cancelled or will be taking place via phone appointments with the exception of the Foodbank.
- All other events from the Masjid have been cancelled.
- The Somali Conference scheduled for this weekend has been postponed.
- The Masjid will open 10 minutes before congregational salah and close 10 minutes after salah.
- The Sisters Prayer Hall is closed from today.
- The ill and elderly are not allowed to put themselves at risk by attending the Masjid from today for their own safety.
- Parents are advised not to bring children to the Masjid to reduce the number of people.
- An announcement about Jumu’ah will be made shortly.
The Masjid have taken all these precautions based on the principal of preserving human life. We ask that you follow us on Facebook or Whatsapp to keep up to date.
“And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient” [2:155]
GLMCC continues to monitor and implement the government’s advice on the coronavirus outbreak and we remind everyone attending the Mosque of good hygiene practices.
There will be hand sanitisers and/or antibacterial handwash across the site as well as posters reinforcing the official medical advice for everyone to take personal responsibility for excellent personal hygiene.
Any congregation members displaying symptoms that are consistent with coronavirus should ensure they familiarise themselves with the chief medical officer’s advice on self-isolation.
We will continue to take the best advice from the relevant authorities and will update the community with any further developments.