Glad Tidings, Ramadan is nearly hereadmin
Glad tidings, Ramadan is nearly here by Yousaf Jahangir
From Allah’s many blessings upon us, is that he granted us another opportunity to witness the blessed month of Ramadan. An opportunity to strengthen, build and revive the most important relationship in our lives, our relationship with Allah.
Ramadan is just days away, the month of forgiveness, blessings and compassion. The month of the Quran, fasting and Taqwa. When the month of Ramadan was on the doorsteps of the sahabah, like it is for us now, the messenger of Allah (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) would say a hadith to sahabah. The purpose of him saying this hadith was to, help the sahabah understand the amazing opportunity ahead of them, so they could be focused and truly maximise the rewards of this blessed month.
This hadith is:
” إذا كان أول ليلة من رمضان صفدت الشياطين ، ومردة الجن ، وغلقت أبواب النار ، فلم يفتح منها باب ، وفتحت أبواب الجنان فلم يغلق منها باب ، ونادى مناد يا باغي الخير أقبل ، ويا باغي الشر أقصر ، ولله عتقاء من النار ” .
The messenger of Allah said: (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) “When the first night of Ramadan enters, the shayateen are tied up in hell, and the gates of hell are locked closed and not a single one of them is open, the gates of paradise are open and not a single one of them is closed, a caller announces: ‘Oh doer of good come forth, for now is the time for you to do good and oh doer of evil stop, for now is the time to stop evil. And allah sets free a portion of his slaves from the fire of hell every single night.” Reported by Imam Tirmidhi 682 and authenticated by Sheikh Alalbani.
This hadith is a glad tiding for us all. From its benefits:
- The gates of hell are locked closed from the first night of Ramadan.
- Every single gate of paradise is open from the first night of Ramadan.
- The worst of devils are all locked up in hell, so they have no influence over us.
- This is the time for change, a time to refine our souls by doing as much as good as we possibly can and abstaining from all forms of sin.
- From Allah’s immense mercy is that he sets free a portion of his slaves, who were destined for the fire of hell every single night.
May Allah bless us to truly benefit from this month. May he forgive us for ours sins and bestow upon us goodness in this life and the next. Ameen
Written by Yousaf Jahangir, Student at the Islamic University of Madinah, 12th May 2018