Faith in Action: West Midlands Muslim Community Covid Response Booklet LaunchAssima Alam
JOINT PRESS RELEASE FROM UNDERSIGNED MOSQUES AND ORGANISATIONS
West Midlands mosques and Muslim organisations will be coming together with key figures from the wider West Midlands community at an exclusive Eid dinner event on Friday 6th August 2021, to celebrate some of the incredible work carried out by the Muslim Community over the pandemic.
The event will consist of speeches and presentations from prominent and active faith leaders who responded to Covid-19 and include reflections from Police & Crime Commissioner Simon Foster and Councillor John Cotton.
The event will also see the launch of a booklet titled ‘Faith in Action: West Midlands Muslim Community Covid Response’, which captures the tens of incredible projects, campaigns, and services that the Muslim community have initiated and offered over the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the foreword to the booklet, Andy Street, Mayor of the West Midlands comments:
“I hope it will serve as a means to help understand the social value and impact faith institutes can have, and how we can leverage the work of the West Midlands Muslim community as we move forward together in the road to recovery.”
This booklet is in no way an exhaustive reflection of the response from the dedicated and selfless West Midlands Muslim community. Instead, it serves as a snapshot of some of the Islamic civil society organisations that make up the rich tapestry of West Midlands communities.
Looking forward, it is important that local and national governing bodies work to strengthen their engagement with faith communities who work on the ground with some of the most disproportionately impacted communities. The pandemic has clearly demonstrated that stronger engagement will help contribute towards a more resilient and united community as we prepare for a post-Covid world.
Listed below are the mosques and organisations whose Covid response has been captured in the booklet:
- Green Lane Masjid & Community Centre (GLMCC)
- Yemeni Community Association in Sandwell 16. Masjid Esa Ibn Maryam
- LOFT25 15. Unity FM
- The Muath Trust 17. As-Suffa Institute
- Solihull Muslim Network 18. Al-Abbas Mosque
- Jami Mosque and Islamic Centre, Birmingham 19. Masjid Al Falaah
- Paigham-e-Islam Trust Masjid 20. Kebire Trust
- Bahu Trust 21. Islamwise
- Halesowen/Dudley Yemeni Community Association 22. The Muslim Council of Britain
- Muslim Student House 23. Muslim Association of Britain
- Al Hijrah Masjid 24. MEND
- Birmingham Central Mosque 25. Ghamkol Sharif
- British Islamic Medical Association
- Islam Relief UK
For further information on the above event or booklet, please contact email@example.com