The Prophet (Peace be upon him) was asked “Who is the best of people?” He replied… “The one who is most beneficial to others.” (Silsalah Sahihah- Al-Albani 789/1)
Since its establishment, the volunteers at GLMCC have been the backbone of the Mosque. Many of the services that we operate today are staffed by people who are volunteering their time fi’sabilillah.
The various teams require different skills and experience therefore all of our volunteers bring something new to the organisation. We value the contribution of all individuals irrespective of age, skills, background or experience. Each role is different and as such every volunteer is different.
A typical volunteer works in a given role with set or varied hours. This depends on what is required as part of the position and on how many hours an individual can offer. For GLMCC, intention and being committed are the most important aspects. This ensures that we can rely on you to give the hours that you say that you can, and that you work to the best of your ability knowing that you are seeking reward from Allah azza wa jal.
The most important reason people choose to volunteer at GLMCC is to please Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
There are many benefits including:
- Develop new and existing skills
- Gain work experience
- Enhance your CV and improve your employment prospects
- Using professional and personal skills to benefit others
- Working in a team
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Understanding the local community and congregation
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Confidence and self esteem
- Become more socially active
- Helping others
- Some more reasons:
Giving to your Mosque and Community
- To practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) through charitable actions
- Gaining Islamic knowledge through involvement with the Masjid
- Being part of the local Muslim community
- Spend quality time in serving Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala
- Striving to increase eemaan
- Develop an attachment to the Masjid
There are five easy steps to becoming a GLMCC volunteer…
- Email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pop into the office at GLMCC where we will be happy to arrange a chat with you