The Children of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ by Yousaf Jahangir (Student at the Islamic University of Madinah)
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ had 7 children, 3 sons and 4 daughters. All of his children passed away before him except Fatima رضي الله عنها.
All of his children were from his first wife Khadijah رضي الله عنها except Ibrahim whose mother was Maria رضي الله عنها.
Al-Qasim رضي الله عنه who was born before prophethood and passed away at the tender age of two.
2. Abdullah رضي الله عنه who was born after prophethood and also died in infancy.
3. Ibrahim رضي الله عنه who was born in Madina 8 years after the Hijra and passed away after 18 months.
Zaynab رضي الله عنهاwho was married to Abu Aas Ibn Rabi Ibn Abdil Uzzah.
2. Fatima رضي الله عنهاwho was married to Ali Ibn Abi Talib.
3. Ruqayah رضي الله عنهاwas married to Uthman Ibn Affan, she passed away on the day of the battle of Badr, 17th of Ramadan 2nd year after the Hijra.
4. Umm Kalthoom رضي الله عنهاwas also married to Uthman and passed away in the month of Shaban the ninth year after the Hijra.
Ruqayah رضي الله عنها was married to Uthman Ibn Affan first, when she passed away the Messenger of Allahﷺ married Umm Kalthoom رضي الله عنها to Uthman Ibn Affan. This is why he is called the possessor of the two lights.
The Prophets ﷺ children in chronological order.
4. Umm kalthoom
رضي الله عنهم
There are many, many benefits that can be derived from the relationship of the messenger of Allah with his children, I would like to touch upon one.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ is the best of the whole creation in the sight of Allah and he was tested more than any of us, a clear example of this that he had to bury six of his seven children. So for those of us who have lost children it’s important to understand Allah loves those he tests and the Messenger of Allah ﷺ who is more beloved to Allah than any of us was tested more than us.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “When a person’s child dies, Allah says to His angels, ‘You have taken the child of My slave.’ They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘You have taken the apple of his eye.’ They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘What did My slave say?’ They say, ‘He praised you and said “Innaa lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return).’ Allaah says, ‘Build for My slave a house in Paradise and call it the house of praise.’”
(Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1408)
May Allah unite us with the Messenger of Allah and our children in the highest parts of paradise.