The Prophet (Peace be upon him) was asked “Who is the best of people?” He replied… “The one who is most beneficial to others.” (Silsalah Sahihah- Al-Albani 789/1)
Since its establishment, the volunteers at GLMCC have been the backbone of the Masjid. Many of the services that we operate today are staffed by people who are volunteering their time fi’sabilillah.
The various teams require different skills and experience therefore all of our volunteers bring something new to the organisation. We value the contribution of all individuals irrespective of age, skills, background or experience. Each role is different and as such every volunteer is different.
A typical volunteer works in a given role with set or varied hours. This depends on what is required as part of the position and on how many hours an individual can offer. For GLMCC, intention and being committed are the most important aspects. This ensures that we can rely on you to give the hours that you say that you can, and that you work to the best of your ability knowing that you are seeking reward from Allah azza wa jal.
Green Lane Masjid and Community Centre
20 Green Lane
Telephone: 0121 713 0080
Documents and resources
The most important reason people choose to volunteer at GLMCC is to please Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
There are many benefits including:
- Develop new and existing skills
- Gain work experience
- Enhance your CV and improve your employment prospects
- Using professional and personal skills to benefit others
- Working in a team
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Understanding the local community and congregation
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Confidence and self esteem
- Become more socially active
- Helping others
Some more reasons:
- Giving to your Masjid and community
- To practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) through charitable actions
- Gaining Islamic knowledge through involvement with the Masjid
- Being part of the local Muslim community
- Spend quality time in serving Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala
- Striving to increase eemaan
- Develop an attachment to the Masjid
Progress and Development
All services at GLMCC are delivered by volunteers. Organisationally, GLMCC recognises that without our volunteers we would not be able to serve our community. We always look for opportunities to develop and support them. This is done in many ways including:
- Personal Development Plans
At GLMCC we encourage our volunteers to take an active role in the development of the organisation. This is done through feedback, contributing ideas, and taking greater responsibility within their roles and departments. We have seen many general volunteers grow into Team Leaders and Heads of Departments.
Areas of Service
Whatever an individual has to offer, GLMCC will work with you to find a suitable role.
The areas of service are listed below:
- Funeral Service
- Funeral Plan Committee
- Counselling Services
- Mediation & Arbitration Services
- Event Management
- Matrimonial Services
- Islamic Events
- Building Maintenance
- Young Ummah
- Seniors Club
- Muslim Disabilities Club
- Social Activities
There are five easy steps to becoming a GLMCC volunteer…
- .. most important!
Make your intentions to work at GLMCC purely to seek the pleasure of Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala
- .. it’s simple
You can easily register your interest to volunteer at GLMCC:
- Fill out a form
- Email a copy of your CV to: Volunteers@greenlaneMasjid.org
- Pop into the office at GLMCC where we will be happy to arrange a chat with you
- Complete the GLMCC Volunteer Application Form online
- .. let’s talk
Once you have registered your interest to volunteer at GLMCC we will contact you to arrange an informal interview. This will simply be to ascertain your availability, what you have to contribute, suitable positions available, and any questions or queries that you may have.
- .. sign up time
Following the informal interview, we will agree which role and department you will be joining.
- .. Congratulations and Welcome!
Induction training will be offered to all new volunteers arranged by the Team Leader. You will officially become a GLMCC volunteer and will be ready to undertake your duties.