How does it work?
Green Lane will issue food vouchers to local organisations. They act as referral partners and give the vouchers to people whom they consider need food. The people then come to Green Lane where they exchange their voucher for food.
Green Lane will help anybody who needs support; the old, single people, young people & families from all backgrounds, religious beliefs and ethnic origins, without prejudice, Green Lane’s aim to treat everyone fairly & with dignity.
The individual or family is offered a drink & a chat with Green Lane staff or volunteer whilst their food is packed into bags.
Food Donations we need
We would be happy to take your money donations either you can drop your donation to Green Lane Masjid or you can contact Green Lane on 0121 713 0080 to set standing order. We are asking for food items and non-food items.
- Milk (UHT/powder, preferably semi-skimmed)
- Fruit Juice (carton long life)
- Pasta / Cooking Sauces
- Fruit Squash
- Rice/Sponge Pudding (tin)
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Cereal (preferably non-sugared)
- Pasta/Rice/Cous Cous
- Tinned Veg (carrots, sweet corn, peas, mixed)
- Tinned Soup
- Tea Bags (40’s/80’s), Coffee (small)
- Potato (instant mash or tinned)
- Tinned Fish
- Baked Beans / Spaghetti
- Tinned Fruit (in juice preferably)
- Sugar (500g / 1kg)
- Biscuits, Crackers, Crisp breads
- Healthy Snacks (raisins, apricots etc.)
- Tinned Meat (Halal only)
Shopping List ( non-food)
- Can Opener
- Wash Bag
- Set of Cutlery
- Soap / Shower Gel / Bath Crème
- Anti-bacterial hand gel
- Tooth Brush / Toothpaste
- Flannel / Sponge
- Tissues (handy/handbag packs)
- Nappies (all sizes)
- Baby Wipes
- Sanitary Towels (not tampons)
- Toilet Roll
- Shaving Gel / crème (not razors)
We need your help
We are looking for people who can set up collection points in Schools getting students, parents and children involved in collecting food, toiletries and sponsorship. At work have a collecting box, offer to bring the donations in or if you are looking to get involved contact Green Land Masjid.
20 Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham, B9 5DB
0121 713 0080
Wednesday: 4.00pm – 6.00pm; Saturday: 11.00am – 12.00pm